Monday, July 6, 2009

When the World Ends



We both lead incredibly busy lives. Between all of the different hats each one of us juggles, we rarely have time to sit and contemplate life. Where are we going? Where do we want to be?

Sometimes I envision myself with someone else. What would my life be like today if Lisa and I had never broken up? How different would my kids be? Would my sex life be better or worse? Would I be happier? I don't tell you about these thoughts, because they are just day dreams.

Soaking in the hot tub with you, vacationing out at the coast with the kids asleep, finally gives us time to talk. No more talking about how our days went. No more talking about the weather or Matt's baseball game. Talk about us.

You really do want that job in California. I know you've talked about it before, but life always seems to get in the way of us talking about it. Yes, the move would be difficult, but if it is really what you want to do, I support you. I love your strength and desire. I do enjoy living here, but a change of scenery would be nice, and now that I know just how much you want this, I think we should go for it.

1 comment:

DrChako said...

Wait - are we talking about you or us?

-DrC

PS. Great soundtrack to play poker by BTW